There was an age where Kings and warriors rode off into the sunset, standing atop of chariots with two iron clad wheels drawn by the finest horses. That sure does seem to etch a remarkable portrait in the mind – we are no longer as rustic, but we are evolving at lightning speed! The computer first looked like a box in theory; no one perceived that it would revolutionize our world at such a pace. As is the concepts and modes of transport. We are all now entitled to be our own Kings and battle warriors in our vast concrete expanse. Sure the conventions of each mode remain the same that is to get you to your destination faster and efficiently. Segway is one of the best self balancing scooter brand creating self balancing scooter with advanced technologies.
- The ideology came from the need to make everyday transport with the urban market more comfortable and less time consuming – called Personal transporters.
- The Segway is a device that is the brain child of David Kamen; he developed this device to be a personal transporter.
- It is a battery operated vehicle that runs on two wheels and has a handle – very much like the chariot minus the horses.
- The rider uses the weight to push the device forward and pulls the weight backward to slow it down or stop – making it a self balancing vehicle.
- This device combines the use of the intelligence of the computer, sensors, and electric motor.
- This automobile first showcased in the year 2000 and since then been evolving and inspiring other creations.
What a Segway looks like technically?
- It has the look of an upside down pendulum in design. The handle bar stems upward from the sturdy base mounted on two large wheels.
- The handle bar houses a display screen to indicate the speed, travel modes, and the range of battery.
- The wheel base is wide and the motor and lithium batteries are housed underneath the platform that carries the rider’s body weight.
- It models its self on gyroscopic sensors that aid in understanding the balance and movement. Each Segway can easily have about 5 micro –machined angular rate sensors.
- Segways have two accelerators which sense the angle of the rider’s balance that is gravity at 100 times per second.
- This automobile is sturdy enough to hold a weight of 260 lb/117 kg.
- The Segway was crafted to travel for about 38 km/24 miles on one charge.
- It can be charged like any other household appliance with a wall mounted charger and the batteries take about 8 hours to charge fully.
- There are various modes of travel to enable easy learning for all. The dashboard is installed with a key that varies with models to ensure this and is a safety feature for parents as well.
Perks of this Creativity
- It’s a very effective way of saving the fuel. The surge in fuel prices and the economy crashing ever so often was one of the fore reasons for this creation.
- Apart from the fun and entertaining certainty of the Segway, it benefits work. It aids in the Police patrolling for security in malls and in running errands.
- It’s proving to be a device that is even aiding people with disabilities and even in saving lives by allowing paramedics to reach faster.
- Many rehabilitation centers are using this automobile to enable mobility in patients.
What is a Segway?
An Automobile created with genius technological, innovation and build, mounted on a platform with wheels and a handle – leaving the conventions of horse and carriage far behind. Welcome to the new world of transport! Read segway minipro review before purchasing it.